Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you, for example, when you register to receive information or use the online discussion forums.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
The EDAB’s site uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
We may use the information that we collect from you to conduct our daily operations. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience as the information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website as we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve our customer services as your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our operations.
- To provide information to you relating to other services that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To administer promotions, surveys or other site features.
- To inform you of any changes to our website or operations.
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. You have the right to request access to and amend the details we hold about you. If you have already submitted personal information and would like us to remove it from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . At your request, the personal information you have provided us will be deleted from our existing files. To help us keep your personal data up to date, we request that you advise us of any changes or inaccuracies. If you wish, you can unsubscribe or opt out of our direct marketing services at any time by following the instructions contained in these communications.
Disclosing Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our rights or the rights, property, or safety of others. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Security of your Personal Information
The EDAB secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. The EDAB secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
Changes to this Statement
Questions and Comments